Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Creamy, Rich, and Velvety Pumpkin Cheesecake

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
I give Thanks for all the blessings that I have received, for my wonderful husband and a healthy family.
I may not be an American by birth, but I have adopted this tradition by heart (maybe because of the huge sales everywhere the next day hmmm?).
One thing, that I have noticed here in my new homeland, is that Thanksgiving is all about Family and Food!
Here is one of my dessert recipe adopted for this occasion.
Ehmmmm my house smells amazing, my cheesecake was in the oven and the aroma is so wonderful.
In the spirit of Thanksgiving I have made this Pumpkin Cheesecake.

Ingredients for the Crust:

~1 1/2 cups of ground Graham cookies or if you don't have any just blitz 10 Graham crackers in a food processor, this is better anyway than buying the package crumbs
~1 stick of unsalted butter melted
~1 tbsp. packed brown sugar
~ a 9inch spring form pan.

Preheat oven to 350 F

* Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Mix them thoroughly with fork; I prepare my hands.
* Place them in the spring form pan and pressed the cookie mixture using the back of your 1 cup measuring cup ( as pictured).
* Bake them for 8 minutes and set aside.

Ingredients for the Filling:

~1 3/4 lbs. Philadelphia Cream Cheese at room temperature very important (best way, is to leave it overnight)
~1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
~1 15oz. can Pumpkin Puree (preferably Libby's)
~1/2 tsp. cinnamon
~1/8 tsp. clove
~1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
~1 tsp. vanilla
~2 tbsp. all purpose flour
~3 eggs
~1 yolk
~1/3 cup sour cream (no half half or 2% crap)

* Using a mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth in low speed.
* Gradually add the sugar and beat for 3 minutes.
* Add the pumpkin puree and spices, beat for 2 minutes.
* Then add the flour and eggs beat in low speed for a minute.
* Lastly add the vanilla and beat until mix well.
Using a rubber spatula scrape the bottom and side of the bowl and mix until combined.
* Fold into the crust and bake for an hour at 350 F. When you take it out the oven, the top would still wiggle; this is ok it will firm up once it had been in the fridge for sometime.
Let it rest for 1 hour, using a butter knife, use it to loosen the side of the spring pan and release.
* Wrap it in clear seran wrap and let it set in the refrigerator for atleast 4 hrs. Serve it room temperature with whipped cream on top.

And now as you can see pictured on the left, I am packing mine to take to our family in Galveston, Texas.
Don't worry about the cracks, the whipped cream would cover that up.
Enjoy and have a Wonderful Thanksgiving weekend with your family and friends!

No comments: